MY MISTAKE!!!!

Sansobel
on 2/14/11 11:32 pm - Coatesville, PA
So tonight Austin and I are going out to the Youth fighter practice in our area.  Tonight they are going to have a potluck and armour making.  So I am bringing some buidling supplies and sandwiches.

A friend at work is selling girl scout cookies for her daughter.  So i thought to myself.. oh I'll just get a couple boxes and take them tonight.  I had no intention of eating any myself and didn't even think twice about buying them knowing I was not going to eat any.  The boxes are closed boxes sitting on my desk.

OH MY GOD THEY ARE NOW CALLING MY NAME.  Give me strength to NOT open the boxes.  The power of the Girl Scout cookie is horrid.  Where the hell did that evil come from????

Just thought I'd share my MISTAKE!!! 
Sandra           
Cherish F.
on 2/14/11 11:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi sweetie-
I feel your pain, I could never have them at my desk.
Can you take them out and put them in your car? Like tied up in a bag, and in your trunk? Maybe out of sight, out of mind might help.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sansobel
on 2/14/11 11:55 pm - Coatesville, PA
oh oh oh.. didn't even think of that.  Thank you Cherish.  That is exactly what i will do.  (I was so focused on the problem i could not see a solution).

thus why we have this forum!!! 

THANK YOU.
Sandra           
Cherish F.
on 2/15/11 12:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah! Glad I could help.

I employ the trunk thing most days when driving home. I drive past close to 20 fast food places, and they are a constant weakness for me. So to keep myself from caving in I put my pocketbook in the trunk when I leave work.
That way I would have to stop, park, and get out to get my money. Much less chance I'm going to do that, which keeps the McDonald's out of my grubby hands.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sansobel
on 2/15/11 1:08 am - Coatesville, PA
That is also a great idea.  I luckily only do Dunkin Donuts (but only for their decaf coffee...mmmmm).

But I could so see that being a useful spot.  Long road trips with snacks.. keep the snacks hidden away until you must have them.
Sandra           
bvohl
on 2/15/11 3:20 am
I feel your pain Sandra. Dee is a GS and I have been selling cookies for her at work for the last couple of weeks! Sometimes they bother me, but most times they don't! Now, if you had a bag of M & M's in front of me.....that would be a TOTALLY different story!!

I like Cherish's idea of putting it in the trunk!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Sansobel
on 2/15/11 6:03 am - Coatesville, PA
Oh gods I don't know if i could handle GS cookies in my house.  I give you mucho kudos. 

are they peanut m&m's????  :-)
Sandra           
Patricia R.
on 2/15/11 11:00 am - Perry, MI

I made the mistake of getting some of those evil treats from the green shirted angels.  I had to get a shipping box and put them, and some Tastykakes, and send them USPS to my Munchkin Grandchildren.  They were thrilled, especially because Michigan does not carry Tastykake.  I could easily consume an entire box of Thin Mints in one evening, and then dump the rest of the night away.
Trish R.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Cheryl.P
on 2/15/11 6:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
i got lucky this year . my grandaughter troop offered a donate option. people were offered an option to buy the cookies the the girlscouts were sending the boxes to the troops and homeless shelters. i got to support her, the troops, and not have the temptation in the house.
gmom62
on 2/15/11 11:46 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
That's a great idea.  I like that one.

cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views